Tuesday, March 10, 2009

California.

Highlights from the Trip
Paul waiting for me at the gate right when I got off the plane.
(his flight got in a half hour before mine)

Going to Fairfield and still knowing my way around.
(impressive considering I haven't lived there since I was 11)

Seeing my old house and elementary school.

Eating In-N-Out for the very first time.

Paul teaching me how to drive a stick-shift in the parking lot of my old gymnastics gym.
(I still need a lot of practice)

Visiting the Zumpanos.
(So good to see them. So much better than I even imagined it would be)

Many delicious home-cooked meals courtesy of Paul's sister and sister-in-law.

The sunshine and warm weather of California.
(Didn't even need to bring a coat)

Meeting and hanging out with three of Paul's siblings and playing with 10 of his nieces and nephews.

Eating Thai Food.
(My new favorite. I need to find a place nearby to go and get some every now and then. Or daily...)

Sleeping.

Going to church right next to the Sacramento temple.

Lots of relaxing and doing nothing.

Paul walking me to my gate as I boarded the plane.
(his flight left 2 hours after mine)

Seeing Paul.
________________________________________________________________
Downsides of the Trip
The fact that these are the only two pictures I took the entire weekend.
(from my visit with the Zumpanos)

Coming home to blizzarding weather in Provo.

Saying good-bye to Paul.